How to manage IIS 6.0 from Vista
If you find yourself needing to RDP into an IIS 6.0 web server to manage some of the IIS settings you will find the older IIS 6.0 management console useful. This console will allow you to manage multiple IIS 6.0 servers from your desktop which will be faster to access (opposed to logging into the server) and more importantly won’t consume an RDP session that someone else may need.
- Navigate through: Control Panel –> Programs –> Turn Windows Features on or off
- Expand: Internet Information Services -> Web Management Tools -> IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- Select: IIS 6 Management Console
- Navigate through: Administrative Tools -> IIS 6 Manager
- Right Click: Internet Information Services -> Connect
- Enter Server Name
Here is a blog that walks you through the install in detail
Tags: IIS 6.0You can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.