In trying to link Azure with Team Foundation Service I ran into the permission error listed below.
Failed to link TFS project ‘Your Project’ with your cloud service ‘Your Cloud Service’
Access Denied: firstname.lastname@example.org needs the following permission(s) on the resource StrongBox to perform this action: Create a StrongBox Drawer.
You need to be added to the Project Collection Admin groups.
- From the main TFS page http://you.tfspreview.com
- Click the Administer Account icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the Collection that your Team Project is in (i.e. DefaultCollection)
- Click “Manage collection security group and group membership”
- Add user from the members tab of “Project Collection Administrators”