Ran into an issue the other day where I was not able to find the WSDL for a new WCF service. Tried navigating to the WSDL through the browser and all I got was a blank page. Knowing that WCF doesn’t have to provide a WSDL I verified that things were configured properly for expsoing it. Everything else worked, I could connect to it from my WCF client application and through the WCF Test Client. Luckily I basically copied the service definition from another service and I was able to identify a missing foward slash at the end of the base address. Surprisingly that was the missing piece. So make sure that base address ends with a forward slash.
<add baseAddress=“http://localhost:9090/Xyz/SomeService/“ />
btw – In my search to figure out this problem I found a nice article by Keith Elder. About half way down there is a section titled “Exposing Our Service’s WSDL”. http://www.keithelder.net/blog/archive/2008/01/17/Exposing-a-WCF-Service-With-Multiple-Bindings-and-Endpoints.aspx
Hope this saves you some hair,